Pages

CSA week 3

Our CSA is getting better and better each week, for weeks three we got: peaches, blueberries, eight ball squash, and a cantaloupe.

I made my yearly peach-blueberry pie, and it was very popular in our house which is funny because Pete turns his nose up to peach desserts. I made it on a day when the boys and I were going out. Pete was home alone and I left a note letting him know about the pie and what I had in the fridge for dinner. Pete isn't a peach pie fan, he said when he saw it he was thinking "blah" and then he tasted it, and  I hope he doesn't mind me saying this but he ate half the pie standing at the counter. The secret is the crust, and really ripe peaches!
I thought I would share my recipe, what makes it unique are the way the crust is made, and the addition of cinnamon to the fruit.  I added blueberries because we had them on hand, but it is just as delicious to stick with peaches.




Peach Pie

Filling:
Approx. 3 cups peeled and sliced peaches
handful of blueberries (optional)
3/4 cup sugar
3 TBS flour
1 tsp lemon juice
cinnamon

Crust:
1 cup sifted flour
1/2 cup cold butter
1/4 tsp salt
2 TBS vinegar


For crust: mix as you would regular crust, I do this in my food processor until it forms into ball. Instead of rolling out the crust you just press it into the pie dish, so no rolling it out which is a bonus for me!

For filling: Mix flour and sugar together, pour over peaches, add lemon juice and fold ingredients together. Let this sit for about 10 minutes and then pour it into prepared crust. Sprinkle cinnamon over top and bake in a 375 oven for almost an hour. Wait for the pie to cool to let it set properly, and enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pie is beautiful and I have copied the recipe! Summer fruit is so good.
Love,
Aunt Susan